You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Home-Start volunteers are expected to work towards the increased confidence and independence of the family by:
· offering support, friendship and practical help
· visiting the families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each individual can be respected and protected
· reassuring families that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual
· emphasising the positive aspects of family life
· developing a relationship with the family in which time can be shared and an understanding developed
· encouraging parents' strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their own children
· encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and services available in the community
· Volunteers will be expected to attend an initial course of preparation, normally lasting 40 hours over a number of weeks plus an ongoing commitment of 3-4 hours per week according to the family's needs.
Alexandra Gardens Children's Resource Centre, Stanley Road, Carshalton, SM5 4LJ
Off Stanley Park Road, Carshalton, Up Stanley Road Opposite Sainsburys Local
Alexandra Gardens Children's Resource Centre is on small estate, Home-Start Sutton is at the back of the building with own entrance.
Volunteers should have parenting experience, a warm, non-judgemental and empathetic nature and the desire, emotional capacity and time to support a family who are struggling.
Be clear about confidentiality and when a confidence remains so, but be able to decide when disclosure of a confidence is essential to the well-being of a child
Be reliable and understand the importance of reliability to the family, have good communication skills including an ability to listen and understand the need for support
Be able to work as a member of a team.
Be prepared to keep records as requested by the scheme.
Accredited Training Course
Regular support and supervision
Support Work,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
Volunteers are expected to have parenting experience and be able to undertake the role.