Vaccination Marshals - COVID19
North Central London NHS Trust
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The NHS is looking for Covid-19 vaccination Voluntary Marshals to support the delivery of the Covid-19 vaccine.They are seeking marshals to support them at the vaccination pod based at the Business Design Centre in Islington from 9th of March 2021 (the initial date was the 11th of February but was postponed due vaccine supply issues) .This role is critical to the fight back against Covid-19 within London. We hope you will join us!• Ensure smooth arrival onsite of those both coming for vaccination, staff required for operation of the site and logistics providers (both for site setup and ongoing use of vaccines and consumables). • Ensure efficient patient flow to the clinical assessment, vaccination station, post-vaccination observation area and pod exit. • Ensure speed, safety and security; address any issues that arise or escalate to a Healthcare Professional if needed. • Effectively communicate with the other areas’ representatives to avoid congestion. • Ensure that citizens respect national guidelines such as social distancing and mask protection. • Identify citizens who require additional support (carer/chaperone, additional language support) and direct them to an alternative flow. Provide enhanced support to those requiring it (e.g. those who cannot queue standing). • Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the ground are complied with. • Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen. • Report immediately to a Supervisor of anything that is likely to pose a threat or danger to the citizen and site safety.Volunteers will be offered the vaccine on their first shiftThe Marshal Shift Patterns are: 4, 8 or 12 hour shifts available up to 7 days per weekEarly: 7.30 – 12.00Mid: 12.00 – 16.00Late: 16.00 – 20.00You will be provided with access to a booking platform to choose your shifts.Potential volunteers will be asked to send:• a basic ID check• a completed declaration formAge range: 18-69Please make sure that your email address and telephone number are updated.
Further location details may be provided below.
Business Design Centre in Islington
52 Upper Street, London
Register your interest here
Previous experience is not necessary, as induction training will be provided.
• Being confident and caring while ensuring a professional approach that will facilitate all patients attending to receive the vaccine in a comfortable setting.
• Having a caring nature is important in undertaking this role.
• This role involves standing up all day so although there are no age restrictions (please see age range below), volunteers should be fit enough to carry out the role.
• We would love to hear from people who can speak any of Islington community languages.
• If you are ‘clinically vulnerable’ (high risk of contracting Covid-19), please do not volunteer for this role but you can apply for other home-based roles advertised on our site/s.
• Supporting the local community in the fight against Covid-19 virus.
• This role is categorised as an essential key worker role, so you will be allowed to send your children to school or other educational settings.
• This role will give volunteers the opportunity to build upon the following skills: communication, co-ordination, and social. The role will also provide volunteers with an opportunity to meet new people and build experience.
18 and over
Community Work,Events & Stewarding,General & Helping
You will be asked to log in or register your details
© 2021 - Simply Connect Solutions