The role will provide general support to registered Homeless Charity; Doorway. The post holder will gain an understanding of working in the voluntary sector. The role is to provide maintenance support to Staff, Contractors, Landlords and Young People aged 16 to 25. The services required will cover a range of general maintenance assistance within a domestic and office setting in Warwickshire areas.
To help out around the Doorway office building and units of accommodation, on ‘odd jobs’ to support Staff, Contractors, Landlords and Young People.
The ‘odd jobs’ may include:
• Assemble home, office furniture.
• Move furniture.
• Fix wooden fixtures.
• Install tiles, shelves, cabinets, curtain rails, blinds, etc.
• Gardening maintenance, clean patios/ tidy garden space.
• General maintenance work.
• Paint (using brush, roller or paint sprayer).
• Repair/ replace leaky taps.
• Repair locks on cabinets, doors, drawers or windows.