If you have any queries, problems Registering, please contact the support team at Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (Warwickshire CAVA) email@example.com
Volunteers Privacy Notice
Simply Connect Solutions Ltd ("we/"us"/"our") is incorporated with company number 11321193 and our registered address is Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX. We own and manage the Simply Connect database and run this volunteering platform, and host your data further to the use of these services by you and by WCAVA. Your personal data will be given to us via this Site either because you have been in to a Volunteer Centre and they have put your data onto this Site or you have been introduced to this Site via a WCAVA’s website.Data Controller
If you have any queries about how we process your personal data please contact either Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (WCAVA) (as set out below) or us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries about how this Site is operated please contact email@example.com.How we process your personal data
We will process your personal data in order to provide the service(s) you have requested, as further described below in the section "The Service We Provide". We may from time to time also contact you directly to inform you of changes in the service we are providing to you, notify you of new features or new services on the basis of our legitimate interest.What type of data do we collect?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data. We will process your personal data in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the “GDPR”) ("Legislation").
When you register to use our service we may collect your:
- date of birth
- employment status
- how you heard about us
- skills, interests and activities
- personal profile
- generate communications appropriate to your experience and interests;
- to set up and administer your volunteer account in the Simply Connect volunteering platform;
- share your personal information with voluntary organisations as directed by you;
- customise and improve the service we provide;
- moderate use of the Site;
- contact you with relevant information about the programme and events;
- to receive communications from WCAVA;
- If you flag the volunteer bank of the Simply Connect platform and you will be directly contactable by voluntary organisations.
When you ‘register your interest’ in a role we will forward the following details on to the relevant organisation who is advertising the role you have expressed an interest in.
- first half of your postcode
- skills, interests and activities (where relevant)
- personal profile
- availability (where relevant)
We then hold your data on the Simply Connect volunteering platform until you deactivate your account, to allow you to apply for another opportunity without having to complete a new registration form.
You can ask us to remove your data from our system at any time by contacting us.
Volunteer Bank Consent
If you have chosen to be in our volunteer bank, this means you have agreed to be contacted by other organisations.
- Not all volunteering opportunities are open to all age groups (e.g. some are specifically for young people or older people and many organisations cannot involve volunteers under the age of 16 etc) so it helps our partners place volunteers in appropriate opportunities;
- The volunteering service needs to monitor use of its services to ensure that they are involving all sections of their community in order to demonstrate this to funders.
Organisations that register with the volunteering service have to agree to the terms and conditions to use this service.Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (WCAVA) ceases to provide the volunteering service
If Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (WCAVA) transfers to another provider, we have the right to transfer your personal data further to our legitimate interest.Cookies Policy
Please contact us or Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (WCAVA) to exercise your rights in relation to personal data laws. Our contact details are set out below.
- Right of Access
Access to your personal data. Please see the section 'Subject Access Request' below.
- Right to Erasure
The right to have all our records which contain references to your personal data deleted.
- Right to Data Portability
On request we will provide your personal data to you, in a CSV format.
- Right to be Informed
How your data is processed is explained in this Privacy Notice.
- Right to Rectification
To have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Restrict Processing
To limit the ways in which we use your data.
- Right to Object
You have the right to object to processing which is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling).
- Rights related to Automated Profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing.
If you have any queries regarding your account or if you wish to make a complaint about the service we provide please contact 0161 447 3035. Every effort will be made to resolve your issue. If you have concerns about how your data is being handled you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office contact details at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call the helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action
19 & 20 North Street